Residency Rumble - Academic Contest
About the Rumble
Saturday, August 14, 2021 - 8 PM EDT
The VIRTUAL Residency Rumble
We WILL be running the Residency Rumble this year at the PRESENT Residency Education Virtual Combined Summit 2021. It’ll be run as a virtual event from the online streaming event website, just like another lecture session, from 8-9PM Saturday Evening, August 14th.
For those of you who haven’t participated in one, its an academic game show using questions from real American Board of Podiatric Medicine in-service exams. It serves as a fun competitive experience, but also a valuable learning experience and board exam review. Every resident should participate!
Residency Rumble – 2021 Rules
- You will compete as individuals rather than teams. May the best resident WIN!
- Rather than using the handheld keypads that we’ve used for years, you will use your phones as response pads this year.
- You can compete from anywhere where you have an Internet connection. You will view the questions on a Zoom Session and respond using your phone as a keypad. So, you WILL NEED 2 DEVICES. We do recommend using a laptop to view the session rather than a cell phone, but a tablet will work fine.
- Speed isn’t as big a factor this year in boosting your score as it’s been in the past. Due to Internet latency, that feature isn’t available in the online version. Accurate correct responses will get you higher scores and there is a time limit to submit your response, which you will see displayed on the screen.
- As usual, you must be registered for the meeting to participate in the Rumble. It’ll be accessed from within the virtual conference portal, so you must be logged into the conference to participate.
Residents SHOULD register for and attend this event anyway. It’s put on FOR you and it‘s FREE!
There will be 5 prizes awarded this year for the residents with the top 5 scores:
- 1st Prize ► $500
- 2nd Prize ► $250
- 3rd Prize ► $200
- 4th Prize ► $100
- 5th Prize ► $50